Rich - Columbus, Ohio
Themes: science

I am one of the luckiest people alive, I missed Rain Man’s Curse and figured out a unique human thought process that has never been in a text book before. I was able to do a double-blind Autism experience and it all came full circle when I heard Temple Grandin talk of her book Thinking in Pictures some years ago on NPR. That was my thought process and I never heard the word Autism until I was 35. Autism gave the world Temple Grandin but also Alan Turing (1912-1954) and he was father of the Computer and a W.W.II hero. I have built the Turing Motor named for him. The Turing Motor is an Autistically designed 70% Efficient very Green Car motor. This motor is the motor Ford and others would have built had they understood their own, they were just first in line to discover the obvious. The Turing Motor has its roots in my autistic splinter skills, keen senses and obsessions. Temple had her obsessions as well.

Our Internet anthropology of Autistic people might well be the first group of people ever united on the net and we all have figured out picture thinking. We build on the work of Temple Grandin and take her thoughts to new heights. Some of our proficient picture thoughts mimic traditional thoughts. No matter what country we are from or language we speak the Autism thoughts are the same. Our thought process seems to be the slow-motion step by step building blocks of the mind all figured out. We can explain Einstein to dyslexia and even Rain Man. No one in autism appreciates the fact we are very people they are researching and thus there is no way we could have figured out our own condition. Althought we present funny and even stupid at times autistic thought needs watered down to be communiciated. Our goal is to somehow unite all of us in person for the world’s first ever picture thinkers conference. Perhaps our thought process that is invisible to you, signaled by the our lack of eye contact is indeed frozen in time on a cave wall? Picture based hieroglyphics might well describe an advanced type of Picture thought we in proficient Autism call Picture-in-Picture thought ,thus it might not be a caveperson’s dinner order after all.