Jane - Schaumburg, Illinois

I believe all prayers are answered. Whether they are prayed aloud or spoken softly in your heart. I learned this when I was eight years old and on my way home from school. I was

walking home by myself when my stomach started to growl. I was hungry. I remember talking out loud and said, “God I’m really hungry today, I sure would like to have something to eat.” No sooner had I taken a couple of steps and there on the sidewalk before me was some loose change. A couple of quarters, a dime, a nickel and a few pennies. I looked around and didn’t see anyone so I scooped up the coins

and said aloud, “Thank you God,” and I skipped to the corner store to buy something to eat.

My prayer was answered a second time while I sat in my car crying about my divorce after twenty years of marriage. Again, I spoke

aloud and asked, “God where are you?” “Are you listening—what am I am going to do?” My car needed gas so I went to my neighborhood gas station to fill-up. I pulled into the station to the pump I regularly used. I got out of my car and on top of the pump was a card which read “Please accept this card and carry it with you. Be at peace and know that I love you through all things. Signed, Your friend,

Jesus Christ. I looked at the other pumps and there were no other cards—just the one for me. Again, crying this time, I said aloud, “Thank you God.”

Then in 2001 I was told I had two tumors inside my spine. I would have to undergo a delicate surgery which would involve cutting my spinal cord to remove the tumors. The doctor told me that there was a good chance I would never walk again. This time my family, my friends, my church, people I didn’t even know across the country began to pray for me. After several weeks in the hospital, I went home unable to walk but I was determined that I would walk again. I asked God aloud, “God I need your help—I can’t do this alone.” I worked with a physical therapist and occupational therapist every day. I began with a belt around my waist with the therapist holding me up. I graduated to a walker where I learned to walk around my kitchen and cook for myself. Three months later I was using a cane. Today, the prayers of others on my behalf were answered, and I can now walk on my own with the use of my cane or walker.

I believe that every prayer is answered…