Syed - Jacksonville, Florida

I believe that we, as human beings, are all part of the same family cohabitating the same spaceship that is set on a common trajectory. This may seem obvious but looking at world events today I sometimes wonder if I am the only one who feels this way. As an American Muslim of Pakistani decent, I truly span the cultural divide that separates the two main parties in the global conflict we face today. Yet I fail to see the difference between the opposing groups, other than superficial, cosmetic ones. Based on my religion, I am taught to respect Moses, Jesus and Mohammad exactly the same. I live by the American values of liberty and freedom for all and wish these values could be extended to the entire global village. I work in a Christian Hospital and when I look into the eyes of my frail and elderly patients, despite differences in age, race, gender, religion, etc. in them I can clearly see a reflection of myself. Nothing makes me happier than to see a patient get better. With this mindset, I cannot comprehend the killings going on in this world. It does not matter to me what individual, what group, what nation or what organization is perpetrating the carnage. I cannot believe that in this day and age human beings need to suffer. If every human being could only see every other human being as their brother or sister, every one of us a descendent of Adam and Eve, then maybe we could look into the eyes of a person form the other end of the spectrum and still care about them the way we would care about our own parents.