Sylvan - St. Louis, Missouri

I believe in Angels. I have led my life by listening to and being guided by angelic forces. I believe there are no coincidences; all are angelic interventions.

I have countless examples of when angels have led me through uncharted waters. There was the time that I developed a bad cramp on my right side and drove myself to the emergency room. The doctor could find nothing wrong with me, but as a preventative measure, took a full body MRI. A shadow on my right ovary became visible. I watched the foreign substance grow over the next few months and decided to have it surgically removed. My parents, who are divorced, were both in the waiting room and I asked if they could have a short visit with me before I headed to surgery. Having them together is a rare occurrence, but they obliged and we spent a few moments talking about when I was born, memories of my childhood and how much fun my parents had as a couple in a more distant time. This I believe was the work of angels.

As I was wheeled into surgery, my final thought was to the angels that guide my life. I left the outcome in their hands. The growth was benign and, according to my doctor, my recovery was quite remarkable.

I believe angels guided me to shoot a video of my son’s basketball game where I captured him having an absence seizure. This footage was shown to a neurologist and a quick diagnosis of his epileptic condition could be made.

There are also much less dramatic accounts. Such as when I left my cell phone in a New York cab. The next passenger found it, searched my phone list and called the one marked “mom”. She directed him to my husband, who got in touch with me. I called the gentleman and he delivered the phone to me at the hotel, wanting nothing in return. I’ve temporarily misplaced dozens of items and the angels return them to me each time.

I’ve walked down allies and “bad” neighborhoods, only to be guided to safety by a complete stranger.

I believe that if everyone let themselves be directed by their angelic scouts that there would be little to no reason for conflict, for we all would be guided by ethereal kindness. I believe that angels do their work silently and want no credit for it. I believe when humans are one with their angelic counterparts they are doing their best work.

I believe it is the work of angels that drives us and the work of our fallible, human selves that holds us back. When my day is through, I climb into bed, turn out the light and sit in total darkness, waiting for the slumber that is sure to come. And at the very instant I am to crossover, I believe I can actually hear the delicate sound of beating wings.