Ken - Madison, Connecticut
Age Group: 65+

I believe in the 21st Century. I believe that at this moment in time, we now have the tools to make the world into what mankind has dreamed of, ever since we began dreaming. For the first time in history, human beings now have the physical ability to completely eliminate hunger from the face of the earth. We now have the ability to provide shelter for everyone on earth. We have learned how to harness and use more energy than we will ever need. We know what we need for living healthy long lives. We now have the technology available that can enable every single individual on earth to communicate with every other individual on earth. Throughout the ages, generation after generation has moved technology forward to where it is today. And now, at this moment, we have technology that can solve problems beyond our wildest dreams. And we are learning daily about sustainability — a word that wasn’t even in use 25 years ago.

So, here we are in the early part of the 21st Century with all this technology. It is still and infant, but it is growing up fast. I believe that the species, Homo Sapiens, are now in the act of bringing it all together. You see human beings are basically good and intelligent and charitable. This technology is allowing us to communicate across borders — both physical and imaginary; and over the next 100 years the artificial borders that humans have created to separate themselves will become obsolete.

Of course there are those who do not see this vision, and who are bent on holding it all back. Some capitalize on promoting this resistance. They make war and kill people to assert their power. They practice corruption, greed, and supression and keep us from putting all this technology to good works. They are the ones who make the spectacle of the news that we see on TV news channels. But if you look closely at some of the offerings on other channels and on the shelves of bookstores and libraries, you can see that the momentum for positive re-construction of the human experience is too great for even the politicians and big business people and their armies to hold back. While we have inherited incredibly huge problems; the fact that human beings can now — for the first time ever –communicate with each other all over the world — completely outside of the realm of visionless demogogues — means that democracy can at last evolve at the grass roots level and use technology to solve these problems. And at last the inherent goodness in people can be un-leashed.

Armed with the new technology and will to communicate, the majority of the world will begin to see this vision. The momentum is already unstoppable. We now, at last, have the tools — and we are beginning to comunicate to the far corners of the earth a sustainable vision of a marvelous world for all. This I believe!