Paul - Austin, Texas

I prefer to restrain belief in favor for what I “think”. I see too much belief becoming dogmatic to the point of fanaticism. What many refer to as “faith” I interpret as modern day superstition. I understand that folks need to make sense of our world and will do what they can to cope with reality. I don’t intend to tell others how to live, but I must be brutally honest with myself when it comes to what I think living is all about. I do not want to fabricate illusions, fantasies, or simply accept the beliefs of others. My personal philosophy about life is too precious for me to gloss over.

So what do I “think”? Based on the many events that have shaped my life, 3 years living in a monastery, 25 years of meditation, solitude in the natural world and keen passion for understanding, I think that I will most likely be what I was before I was born, when I die. Before my birth there was no self, no suffering and no time. I am at peace with this thought. It has provided me with great incentive to live this precious moment to the utmost.

Scientific observation has led us to see that our Universe and all that we can perceive originated from one singularity. So, I think that I, and all my fellow creatures, share common ancestry with the Ultimate Reality, which is ever creating itself anew. We are all the Living Truth. We are more precious and magnificent than we know.

The photos of our planet from space have provided me with a revelation too. We literally exist on Earth as it IS in the Heavens. This is profound and visceral reality that has inspired me to deeply appreciate the life I am living now. I am so thankful for this feeling.

As children, Santa Claus provides us with a wonderful story. We love him for what he bestows on us. Yet, as adults we must mature to the point were we see ourselves as Santa Claus. We become the Santa Clauses for our children. Frankly, I have enjoyed being Santa more than I could have ever imagined. It is far more joyous to give than receive.

The concept of a Supreme Being is ok for the spiritual or religious seeker. However, at some point we need to “grow up” and see ourselves, and this Universe, for what it is. We are the living embodiment of the Ultimate Reality. We can be no other than such. To realize this, perfection is not a requirement, just a high degree of diligence.

Perhaps someday it will have deep personal meaning to many to hear the words: “Live the Realization of Yourself as the Living Truth with Courage/Love, Respect and Humility.”

This I believe: to seize this moment and live fully within this Miraculous Realm.