Gautam - Fayetteville, North Carolina

I have heard many tales of unwavering beliefs in my lifetime. I had a few strong convictions myself, growing up. As I have grown older I have questioned the firmness of these beliefs myself.

I believed in the truth of the printed pages. I realized later that observed facts in history often have another side of the story that often elude unscrupulous reader.

I believed in the absolute power of the spoken words. I realized soon what was touted in colleges and universities as ultimate truths don’t live up to their reputations always.

I believed in absoluteness of a promise, one from a political leader or a person. I realized that is far from reality.

I believed in faith and spirituality. I watched the world turn cloudy under the sky of religiosity! I am just content in studying it as a student rather than a follower.

I realize some may think it is cynical. Some might say I should at least believe in the sanctity of universal mortality and IRS.

I do believe in not having too many firm beliefs at all. Times are such that the whole world is redefining itself. Our world, our society, our neighborhoods, our jobs our aspirations are all in a changing circumstance. It seems to me that we have to think of us as citizens of one small world, in one tiny boat. And then I believe that we might have something to really believe in.