Jean-Paul - Bellevue, Washington
Themes: love

I believe in Love. That’s it. The simple, complicated overwhelming sensational wonderful feeling of Love. And not the family love, the kind of Love that a mother feels for her daughter that gives her the strength to pick up cars. No, I’m talking about the Be All, End All, hopeless, bleak, wanna die every second of the day without her kind of Love. The kind that burrows in and starts eating at you until there’s nothing left but your Love for her. That’s what I believe in.

I believe that Love has no boundaries or limits. Once you start to Love someone, I mean really Love someone, you never stop. They may change, you may change, and you’ll both grow apart and move on. But the Love remains. It stays in a little treasure box buried deep within your heart, and it never goes away. Years later, when your both in better places, you’ll meet again, you’ll remember what it was you two had together, and you’ll miss it desperately. Love’s funny that way.

Love doesn’t care what gender, age, race, religion, or orientation you are. It doesn’t care what your history is, or if your in a good place in your life right now. But it’s not that Love is blind. It’s not. It knows exactly who you are and what you are, it just doesn’t care.

I detest Hollywood. Why? Because Hollywood, within my lifetime, has done everything in its power to destroy the concept of love. What with actors and actresses getting married to dozens of different people dozens of different times for dozens of the wrong reasons (pregnancy and good publicity being the top two). And, as if that weren’t enough, the “marriages” rarely last more than a year, and almost always end with one party allegedly cheating on the other party. It makes me sick. If the people we watch regularly are going from person to person to person, marrying each one just for the hell of it, what hope do the regular people have of ever finding Love. Cause that’s life, folks. It’s all just one big quest for Love. That special person who completes you, who fills that hole in yourself, who challenges you and allows you to grow as a person. That special someone who you would give the world to please, and destroy the world to help. That’s what I believe in.

At 16 years old, I’m still young (though I don’t feel like it), and I have no guarantee that this will happen to me. But I believe it will. I believe it because sometimes it’s the only thing that keeps me going. The thought, the dream, the hope that someday I’m going to find someone who completes me, is the single most beautiful idea I’ve ever pondered, and for now, the thought is just enough.

Love isn’t good or bad. The Pious as well as the Wicked can both experience love, if their lucky enough. Love, that’s what I believe.