Reza - Portland, Oregon

This I believe

I believe in Love. I believe Love, compassion and humanity lie at the foundation of all mainstream religions.

I believe in the new era of globalization with a new economy and seeing the world as a small village where economies of all countries are interconnected.

I believe the time has come for us to begin to see the common grounds that we all share, and look at religions and think of them as glue that unites mankind rather than divides them into separate groups and against each other.

I believe we can accomplish that by creating cultural centers that will belong to people of all faiths. Each faith can use these centers on the time-share basis in separate days of the week for non religious activities.

These centers will also function as community support. Providing affordable day care, Primary medical for the needy, Helping children with their schoolwork by offering tutoring in reading and math, etc.

Companies began to realize that diversity is good for their organization. They realized that by having a diverse workforce they will perform much better. They become more creative, more productive and at the end of the day everyone in the organization will prosper.

Globally we need to begin celebrating diversity also. By respecting and learning from one another, each and every person in the world as well as all companies big or small will prosper.

By creating a world middle class all companies will be able to sell their products and services and benefit from purchasing power of the middle class.

The computer industry is a good example. Globally, today most PCs are sold in developing countries. The developing countries like China and India that have expanded their middle class, now have the purchasing power to pay for products and services which includes computers.

I believe world peace is not just a dream. It can become a reality if we work hard at it and if really want to make it happen.