Shayne - Santa Clara, Utah

I am a relatively conservative person, politically speaking, but I believe the current President of the United States and his administration have made many, many mistakes across the political spectrum, too many mistakes to count. It is not due to this administration’s mistakes, however, that I will be voting Democrat in 2008. It is simply because it is time for the onus to be on the other side of the political aisle. Eight years in a row of one party’s administration, any party’s administration, is enough. It is popular to speculate what a Democratic administration would have accomplished the last eight years if Al Gore would have won in Florida in 2000. I know, I know, Al Gore DID win in Florida. That is my point exactly. Would we be at war, would the economy be better, would there be an end to world hunger or Global Warming? No one knows for sure, but the state of the rhetoric at this point would lead one to believe that things would be much better if Democrats were currently in power. So I say, let’s go that direction in 08′ and see what happens. This is an easy decision for me, I stand for enough policies on both sides of the aisle to give another party the chance to show me what they can do better. Many have said that a Democratic administration could not have done any worse and perhaps that is true. But it is time for the Democrats to put their policies where their mouths are. It is time for a Democrat in 2008, whether you like the Democrats or not.