Elizabeth - 27603

Along with Gender Equality, I also believe that gays and lesbians should have the same rights to marriage as heterosexuals. Being gay or lesbian is not a choice, and I think a majority of our population look at it as it is. Who would choose to be bashed upon because of their sexual preference? Who would choose to live a lifestyle that many Americans disagree with strongly, and be the minority of the population? It blows my mind to think that people think of it as a choice. I didn’t choose to be a lesbian, why would I want to have to deal with the fact that my best friend doesn’t accept who I am because of my sexual preference? People in this world need not to be so close-minded, and actually learn the facts about gays and lesbians, instead of being so naïve to the situation and just learn to accept others for who they are. I try to be as open-minded and accepting of all sorts of things, even if I don’t agree with them completely. I believe that inter-racial relationships should be more accepted, just like homosexual relationships. Once again I reiterate, who wants to be the minority in society, and looked down upon for what our sexual identity is? Why would people deal with it, if that’s not who they really were? The only argument I have against inter-racial relationships is for their kids. They can’t fit into the black community, nor the white, they are in the middle. This leads to much discrimination for their child growing up in such a group-based society, and continues throughout their life. It is not like the child chose to be this way, but then again the parents can’t help the way they feel about their partner, whether they be black, white, Chinese, Hispanic, male, or female. I just look at our country as a selfish, ungrateful, and close-minded society in general. People need to grow up and respect people for who they are, whether it is a issue they agree with or not.