Sloan - Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina

I can not point to any one event or person that shaped my beliefs. I am sure that few would want to state they shaped my way of thinking at all. Throughout my life I have always noticed the huge disconnect between those that make up the laws and those that must follow them. I believe this disconnect leads to hypocritical thinking. In the same breath someone say’s that you should treat others as you would want to be treated and yet goverment tells us who we can not marry and who we should and should not love. you should be allowed to marry anyone you want …same sex , different sex, same color , different color. If you live your life true to yourself and kind to those around you should be allowed to live with out judgement or procecution from others. This world would be a much more peaceful place if we focused more on live and let live and less on if it is the way you would live. I find it very hard to believe that the ” God” I love cares who you marry or if you are Jewish or Muslim. Society and our government need a reality check. Not everyone needs to follow ” our rules”, our govenment” , “our religion”. Why do we feel it is up to use to change the world or even who someone loves and wants to spend there life with. We should be focusing on poverty, homelessness, healthcare for all. These are the things that matter. What I think he or she wants to know is did you leave a postive mark in the world today? I did, did you????