Rey - Potomac Falls, Virginia

I believe in second chances. I believe in third chances. I believe in Paul’s admonition to forgive your brother 70×70. Man is infinitely fallible. Given every opportunity he will mess up. Every one of us. None of us is innately any better at loving his fellow man, being kind, showing compassion, and forgiveness than any one else. Some are more practiced. Some make more of an effort. Some are better for a season. Some are more consistent. But deep down inside, it is the same struggle for each and every one of us. Forgiveness is a life changing component. To assist our brother; co-worker; spouse; child; relative stranger when they stumble, fall or wallow in their issues. To help him up, dust him off and genuinely forgive his transgression is what makes Man a part of the Creator.

I believe in new opportunities. Every day we are alive is another day to live better than the day before. I believe the past should be reburied every second, minute, hour, and day of our lives. I believe we shouldn’t spend one second wallowing in the guilt and depression of our mistakes. I believe the Divine has wiped each mistake away so thoroughly, that each time we beseech him for some past transgression; he has no idea what we are talking about. I believe Man should incorporate this model into his being.

I believe in change. Man’s capacity to change. It can be Herculean, but I believe it can be done. Sometimes though, not alone. I believe the biggest impediment to change can be the lack of faith and help of those around you. Ultimately, it is up to every individual to do the changing, but oh the compassion, understanding, strength, determination and just love of another would go a long way in helping. The quest for real change continues until we take our last breath

I believe at the end of the day, we are all each other have. It is up to us individually, as a couple; as a family; as a neighborhood; as a community; as a world to help each other along this journey called life. To never leave anyone on the side of the road because they are weaker, or poorer, or more damaged. That only leads to the further decay of our humanity.

I believe in love. The action kind. And continuously learning what that means.