I Believe in America

Ikwukananne - Riverdale, Georgia

I believe in America. I believe the essence of our great nation lies in the just pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness. I believe these values have held us together as a nation and rendered benign our human propensity for religious identity, country of origin, gender, color, ethnicity, etc. These ideals which our forefathers struggled to imbibe in the ideals of our nation are greater than any man or person who exists. I believe in the US Constitution, The Declaration of Independence, and the Peace Treaty with England. These beliefs have shaped my understanding, view, and purpose of our nation.

I believe we cannot teach the world how to practice these concepts, but we can sure show them we do it. They say, “charity begins at home”. Save for America, the rest of the world was formed as a direct or indirect result of religious identity, country of origin, gender, color, and ethnic differences or affiliations. Thus, the rest of the world maybe unable to fully grasp the powerful and full potential of the effects of pursuing life, liberty, and happiness, as it were in America. Pursuing life, liberty, and happiness, has been a great help for me to achieve the American Dream. Nonetheless, we make no excuses for the short-comings of these nations, for what is worth doing is also worth pursuing.

If we are to win the war of ideals globally, then we as Americans must understand that it cannot be effectively accomplished through wars. War should not be a matter of choice but a matter of necessity. We will have to decide for ourselves when necessity or choice should reign supreme in the thoughts, actions, and outcomes of our country.

The world has learned to love America and what it stands for, but has equally learned to hate America for how it sets out to spreading word on what it stands for. Charity begins at home. America must begin the process of transforming the world by going back to its root– US Constitution, The Declaration of Independence, and the Peace Treaty with England. If we fail to understand how these documents shaped our nation, then, we shall surely fail to assure the future transformation of the rest of the world. I as an individual fully appreciate how these documents shaped my success and beleif in our great Nation. I believe in America. I believe in the just pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness, and I beleive we can show the world how we do it.