Joanna - Piedmont, California

Imagine a world without the arts. The houses we live in, the utensils we use, even the food we eat are all forms of art. With out the creative minds of our society, our world would be barren and uninteresting. Unfortunately many people have not yet grasped this idea and do not appreciate the arts and those creative minded people. Whether one likes it or not, our society as a whole is dependent on the arts and their creators.

Thousands of years ago, when cave men walked the earth, they were faced with many problems… how could they kill, eat, and keep them warm? It was left up to them to determine their survival and creatively experiment with different methods, finding the most effective ways of going about these tasks. From this, the development of the hammer, the bowl and other miscellaneous items came to be and continued on from there, marking a path of creation. If it weren’t for those creative cave men the development of some of the tools we have today might not have come about.

As the years have passed the experimenting and creation of different objects continued. Our society is rapidly developing, as the arts are emerging everywhere. Not only can the arts be used in the development of tools, resulting in the expansion of our planet, but are one of the best ways of adding imagination and happiness in everyone’s life.

Being an artist myself, I really appreciate the beauty that art provides and I praise all the creative minds that add to our society. Whether one is five years old or eighty, all can take part in the growth of our society by putting forth ideas and taking a place in the world of art. There are so many creative minds out there and I encourage you to put your minds to use. I believe that without those creative people and the arts, our world we be no where near to where it is today and would be drained of all the objects we are so lucky to have.