Rosemary - Hillsdale, IN 47854, Indiana
Themes: carpe diem

I believe in the power of laughter. As you live your life and grow older you tend to wonder “why can’t I laugh as I did as a child?” Everyday life throws us such twists and turns, ups and downs that if we cannot laugh at ourselves and the world around us then we are missing something. So many people today take everything so seriously. Do not take me wrong, I believe there are many serious issues that we have today. The rising cost of living, the war in Iraq, the violence in our streets and homes. But most people don’t take the time to just sit back and enjoy life. I believe a good sense of humor is essential to well being. My husband and I have been married for 16 years and it is our good sense of humor that has kept us together and strong. My daughter sometimes thinks we are silly, but being silly is so much fun.

Taking ourselves so seriously can have terrible effects on everyday life! About a year after my husband and I were married we decided to move from San Diego, CA to Clinton, IN and to drive across country. San Diego had been experiencing a bad drought but on the day we started packing up the truck it started to rain. We wanted to do some sight seeing on our drive across country, so we drove north to visit Bryce Canyon, UT. The storm followed us all the way and we could not go to Bryce Canyon since snow chains were required, instead we went to Zion National Park. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. Then we decided to visit the Grand Canyon. On our way through Flagstaff, AZ got 15 inches of snow, and when we arrived at the Grand Canyon you could not tell were the edge was. We laughed about it and had a snow ball fight at the Grand Canyon. The storm followed us all the way to Indiana, it was a great trip. We still laugh about it today. Many people would have been discouraged, but we made the most of the time that we could. Our laughter will stay with us until the end of our days. And I hope when we are old and sitting in our rocking chairs on the front porch we can think back on our lives and laugh some more.