Anna - 2582, Australia
Themes: tolerance

What do i believe? What do I believe?. A hard question… yes?

I believe in individuality, in self support, in helping and accepting others.

I believe that life is what you make it. I cannot see life any other way, people often refer to aspects of life as ‘we’ or ‘us’ they ask questions like ‘why are “we” here’ or ‘ what is ‘our’ purpose’? It shouldn’t be this way. Each person needs to take time out from the busyness or life and reflect within themselves. I believe in MYSELF. And I believe that YOU should believe in your own self.

People as a collective tend to fight for individuality and freedom, but even when this concept is followed through still people copy each other, it seems that each person cannot help but think about people as a collective about what ‘they’ are thinking and how ‘they’ see that individual. I believe that people copy each other too much that individuals see things in others they admire so they copy those aspects exactly. People should observe the qualities of others and adapt parts of those aspects into themselves. And that people should not mock people for who they are, they should help or encourage others to express themselves honestly.

Every person has their own thought patterns, and their own beliefs. I recognize and accept this. I like to hear the opinions of people. The world would not be complete without the characters within every person’s life. Every person has a story to tell, and within that story there are many short little stories that make up the identity of that one person. No two people have exactly the same stories to tell, no two people have the same ideas and opinions on everything.

Everyday I get up and catch the bus into school; this can be a tiresome repetitive task. But I complete it because I know that I can better myself and help others to be happy by doing so. I meet people each day that I like and dislike. I overcome and celebrate the differences in people and trust that I can get by without being subject too or inflicting pain.

I analyze and then bounce off the negative things I hear about myself and absorb the few compliments I receive. I live life everyday being careful of the actions I make and the things that I say for I know that one small thing can last in memory forever, can make or break people and friendships. That one wrong act can ruin people’s hopes. Some say first impressions are everything, but personally I don’t think they last very long, the first time someone meets you, they don’t know you, they haven’t thought about what lies beneath your surface behind your eyes, they simply see a reflection of society. It is easy to ridicule and hate, but it is equally as easy to respect and love, although it may seem harder to portray the message.

To sum up I leave you with a powerful underrated word, and in this word I believe: ~Tolerance~