Katie - chino, California

Memories last a lifetime, even though some times they’re forgotten, they still have been lived. Friends create these memories, some which stick for a lifetime. This I believe, friends are the reason for life and memories.

My whole life I’ve always had friends. There have not one moment in my life I can’t recall that I haven’t had any friends. The farthest back I can go was when I was probably 4 or 5 making up games to play with my neighbors Tyler, Billy, and Michelle. It’s been almost almost 12 years and I can still hear us all laughing. Even the smallest moments from far back still come to me.

Tyler, Billy, Michelle and I grew up together, doing things normal little kids would do. We’d play war with our baseball bats as guns, our made up games, wrestling, capture the flag, tag, we even jumped the wall to a big empty weeded field and played in there. When school started we all sort of split up during the years and got new friends. Some of us made better choices then others.

Over the years my friends changed, but I still have memories of every single one. Even though we’ve lost touch I’m sure we all have our moments were we sit and remember something about us. Some bad, some good, they stick no matter what! But with EVERY friend you have atleast one good memory that makes us happy and laugh. Without friends what’s the point to live?

Friends are one of the most important aspects of even living! Every person in the world has a friend, whether it’s a parent, family member, animal, or thing it makes us happy and it’s there for us. Friends are there to comfort, love and be there for you whenever possible. If you have 100 or 1 friend, it’s all the same. For me, my one best friend Krista is just like having a million friends! A friend is what makes life worth living, having adventures, inside jokes, special activities or whatever. When you look back and think of these memories of you and your friend or friends, it will make you happy. Like a quote I know, “Friendship is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth” This I believe, friends are the reason for living and memories.