Christopher - Chino, California

This I believe essay

Family traditions have been an important part of my life for as long as I can remember. Whether it was going to my aunts house for mothers day, going to my cabin for thanksgiving, or even going on a cruise for my grandparents’ 40th anniversary. Now, sometimes I don’t like going, and I usually hassle my parents about it, but when I go I have so much fun. My cousins and I have a blast. Family traditions should be apart of every family, if they aren’t, the family won’t talk as much as they would if they did have family get-togethers.

My family has always been involved in family get-togethers and traditions. I was raised to know them, and they have happened at least once every other month from the time I was born. To this day I have enjoyed all of them, unless I purposefully tried not to have any fun at all. My parents are still together and they never argue. I think this is because they have family traditions and morals to go by. If they didn’t have them they would probably be arguing much more. In the end, it just works out to benefit you more if you have family get-togethers.

If my life had no family events in it, it wouldn’t have stuck together up until now. My life is an average life except for the fact that my family has been very prosperous and that is from sticking together and being close. I believe that all families should have get-togethers so they can be prosperous. If every family were like mine there would be very little divorces too. In fact family events raise the chances of success for a marriage by 30%. That is why I believe that family time is very well spent and should be apart of every home.