NATASHA - ONTARIO, California
Themes: hope, work

I Believe……………

I believe in determination. If someone wants their dream to come true, they should not give up. People dream their dreams of what they want to be or do in life. People dream every moment, when they are asleep, and when they are awake. Some kids wants to be firefighters, doctors, athletes, teachers, and more. I think that is great, but people should not give up. If they really want their dream to come true, they will have to work hard for it.

For instance, I want to be a famous basketball player and a track runner in the future when I go to college. I want to go to USC or UCLA. I believe I can make my dream come true. I just need to work hard, get good grades and have confidence in myself. I want to earn a scholarship in basketball and in track. I will not give up. I still have a chance, even if it is a little one. It is still a chance. Anything is possible if you believe.

When I was young, I always loved the game of basketball. When we had tryouts for basketball in Junior High School, I made it. I was so happy that day. But there were some girls who always said something to put me down, so I gave up. I quit the team. I was that type of girl who always liked to put a smile on other people’s faces when they were sad. But when people put me down, I did not know what to do except run away. When I would go home, I would play basketball with my dad and my older sister. I always knew that basketball was for me right from the start I held a basketball in my hands. So I am going to keep my dream alive. I am not going to let people put me down no more. No more crying for me.

People should not let other people put them down. The only people that can stop their dreams are themselves. So people should take the smart and right path. People should just reach for the stars. A lot of dreams come true everyday and every second.

So are you the person that is going to wonder what happen, or the person that makes it happen? I am going to be the person that makes it happen. So people just have confidence and determination in your dreams and you will go far. Do not throw your hopes and dreams out the window. Make a difference, and make them a reality. Just make the right decisions in life. It is up to you to make your dreams come true.

It does not matter what color, race, or religion, you are. You just need to believe in yourself and have determination. It is never to late. People can make it if they try. People should not give up so fast and easily. Everyone gets a second chance in life. Everyone is special in his or her own ways.

I am not saying it is going to be easy. It is going to be hard work. Nothing is easy in life. It takes hard work for dreams to become a reality. When people follow their dreams, they can really come true. People just need to have confidence in themselves. Therefore, dreams can come true with confidence and determination and they will succeed.