Karen - USA

I believe that there shouldn’t be any violence in the world. I am scared to even be around

two people fighting. They make me want to run home and lock myself up in my room and never come out of my house. You never know when a fight or corruption is going to occur.

Violence is a very harmful thing where many people become injured. I know that I don’t

like watching people beat up my brothers. I t makes me angry. But I don’t go up to that person and start beating them up.

I know the difference between what is right and what is wrong. I don’t understand why

there is violence. The only reason that I can think of is that those people had a bad life and they want to take their hurt emotions out on other people. I don’t understand many things about violence.

I know that I am confused. I constantly wonder why there is violence and why there is no

love. There is not that much love out there because I know two reasons. The first example is that people or countries are constantly fighting. Has there ever been a year in history when there is peace between countries instead of hate or corruption? The second reason is that the Black Eyed Peas wrote a song that describes what is going in the world ever since the September eleventh attack from Iraq. They wanted to express their feelings to the world where people would actually listen to rap music.

I think that the Black Eyed Peas created a great rap song and many people around the

world should listen to it. Maybe this song will help us overcome violence between one another and actually show that we care about other people and not just about ourselves. I know I have learned a lot by just listening to the lyrics. For example, when someone needs help with something I won’t turn my back on them and walk away as if they don’t even exist. Instead, I will take some time out of my life in order to help them with their problem. I guess I would do this because I am a nice and caring person towards other people. I also think the world would be a better place if people would only take five minutes to listen to the song or watch the news in order to see what is happening in other countries. Everyone shares many things in common like selfishness and always wanting to have money. I f we could only learn from our mistakes and decide to not do it again, then there will be less violence in the world.