Ivan - chino, California

This I believe

I believe in a man named God. I believe that this man guides me through my every day ordeals and teaches me the way of life. I also believe that this man sent every one on this earth, including me, for a reason. Even though some people don’t believe in him, I do. This I believe.

Now, in life, I am surrounded by people who don’t believe in this man I call God, which troubles me. But I have to move on and pray for those people who don’t believe. And even though some of these people don’t end up changing I still pray to the man I call God.

One time my faith was tested. I questioned if there even was a God. This question popped up when my uncle Rene past away. It was the saddest day of my life. But, I moved on and about two months later I heard good news. My Uncle Rene’s son got married to his girlfriend. Soon after, they had a baby boy. At that moment I realized that what happened happened for a reason and that it was a gift from God. Every thing happens for a reason. This I believe.

Today, I am still awaiting my purpose. But my faith is stronger than ever. Actually I might have found my purpose right now writing this essay. I think my purpose is to tell people about God and to tell them that God is forgiving. Even though you messed up sometime in your life you can pray to God and start your life over. Remember in God’s eyes, everyone deserves a second chance. So leave with this message “This I believe.”