vanessa - ontario, California
Themes: death, setbacks

This I believe

I believe that all criminals should be gone. My father was murdered nine years ago. He

was shot late at night by a drive by in Santa Ana. I know for a fact that a gangster did it. I

have no doubts about that. My father was just walking home from a bar to my grandpa’s

house. The next thing you know the police and detectives come to the house and tell my

mother and aunt what happened while I was pretending I was sleeping in my grandpa’s

room. I basically heard the whole conversation and couldn’t believe it. I believe that my

father did not deserve this. He was a deserving husband and father. I believe that the

person that did this to my father should be sentenced in jail for life. It hurts so much to

not have a father around when I need him. He meant the world to me; he taught me so

many things. It hurts even more when he past away and I really didn’t know much about

him because I was still young.

Every time I go and visit him my heart beats very fast, because I think about what

happened to this innocent man. I still don’t understand why this person did this to him. I

believe that all criminals should be gone. I can sort of remember the first time he taught

me how to play softball. He was supposed to be my coach but obviously that didn’t

happen. If it wasn’t for him either me or my sisters would be playing softball which is the

sport we love. It hurts that the fact he wasn’t there to watch me play my first softball

game or my sixth grade graduation or anything, he’s just not going to be at any special

events. But every time I achieve something I think of him because I know that in my heart

he’s happy for me.

I believe that all criminals should be gone. I just hope that one of these days the bad

people will realize what they do wrong. I also hope that the criminal that did this made a

mistake and now knows what he did was wrong and hopefully he thinks before he does

something stupid like that again. I believe that all criminals should be gone.