Abigail - Chino, California

I believe…

I believe that family is the most important thing in the world. I believe in the value of family. My family is the only thing I can be sure of in this life. The people I grew up with are my family. Even if had been adopted, I would still consider the people I grew up with my family. My family has always been supportive of my decisions, even if sometimes I make bad choices. People in a family encourage one another every day. There is no one who will be there for you the way your family is.

Even though my family is crazy, we all still love each other. I live with my mom, my dad, three sisters, and two brothers. With that many people living under one roof, life can get just a little bit hectic. My family is always arguing, and always playing pranks on each other. My sister prank calls the house all the time and every once in awhile I get her back by calling her phone and say “seven days”. The first time I did that I laughed really hard because we had just finished watching “The Ring” and she was really freaked out.

The only time my house is quiet, is when my family is sleeping. My house is like a roller coaster with new twists and turns all the time. Everyday there is something interesting going on. With my family, I always wonder, “ What’s going to happen today.” The only thing I know is that whatever happens, it is sure to be funny.

My family has always been close, even when my sister, Johanna, started arguing with my mom and decided to run away. I was sad when she left and I couldn’t understand why she would leave us but I didn’t judge her; I was the only one. My mom was upset, but she eventually forgave my sister. My sister is nineteen with a baby boy, Brian. Nowadays, my sister comes over very often, and I’m happy when she comes over. My family has always had its problems like any other family, so I don’t know whether my family is different, or anything.

My family will always be my family, no matter what. Someone can change their appearance, change their personality, and even change their friends, but no one can change their family. Your family is your family until you die and you have to enjoy it and live it. I don’t know why some people wish for a different family, because the only reason some families are harsh is because they love you. All families love each other and everyone should appreciate what a wonderful family they have.