Clarissa - West Bend, Wisconsin
Themes: work

“Try your hardest. Go after every ball,” my dad would always tell me before every soccer game. “I will,” i responded back, just to make him happy. I never wanted to go after EVERY ball. I just wanted someone to pass me the ball and i score. That’s what i thought soccer was. But really, it is so much more than that. You have to deserve your results and not have other people make it happen for you.

Throughtout my whole life, I have only done things half-heartedly, not knowing I would ever regret it. My parents always pushed me to try my hardest, but I never did. My parents and coach told me i was good already trying half-heartedly, but if i wanted to be great i needed a lot more effort. i knew i was happy with myself but I didn’t know if God was happy with me?

I believe that God is happy with me not matter what. I have found it’s better having the feeling of satisfaction than of doubt. During confirmation at church, we learned that God died for us and he does want to see us living our full-life happy. We can achieve that by doing whatever it takes. If it means changing our goals, thats what he wants.

Trying my hardest is more rewarding and I know that i actually did my best instead of feeling like I did my best. I now feel like I can achieve the goals I want to achieve like making varsity soccer as a freshman. By trying my hardest, I fell more apt to making the team and into doing whatever it takes to make the team.

Being a happy person is going to take me places i could only imagine. I just have to find out what they are. IF I go around saying”Life sucks. I suck,” you’re never going to be successful in whatever you put your mind to. Thats why God is happy with us.

God is happy with us, no matter what we do because we chose to do what we are doing. No matter what i choose, i know that God will be happy with me. My parents and coaches are starting to expect more out of me and i try my hardest as much as possible. i set my mind to think that i can achieve what i want and no one can tell me differently. But also, i expect more out of myself. I keep pushing myself to get better. By trying my hardest everytime, i am preparing myself for the future. By not accepting things poorly done, but things that are dont right. I believe that God is happy with us no matter what we do because God did what was right for us; we need to return a favor to him and do what’s right for ourselves.