teresa - Alta Loma, California
Themes: golden rule

I believe in forgiveness. People are supposed to forgive anyone no matter what the individual had done to them, a family member, or a friend. A few years ago, some girls hated me. I still don’t know why they hated me. They were really mean to me, and tried to psychically hurt me, although they hurt me emotionally. Everyday they would find someway to tease me, say rude comments, laugh at me, and much more. I remember when they used to stare at me with these eyes that were like bullets. It was kind of scary, but I dealt with it. At school I felt uncomfortable, and I would get annoyed with all of their teasing etc. I would cry almost everyday because it was so bad. They even got some of their friends to be mean to me, and got a few of my own friends to be mean to me. I wondered why they did that to me, actually, I still wonder. Then summer came and I forgot about all of them and learned to forgive them, every single one of them. I forgave them because I knew it was the right thing to do, and that they wouldn’t be around me all my life. I felt a little better by forgiving them, even though what they did to me was not right. I believe that people should forgive people, not only because it’s the right thing, but because it makes you feel like a better person inside. Also that it helps you not become bitter and breaks you free from holding grudges. It helps people forget all the bad things that had happened to them that people did. I think it give people freedom too, like from all the troubles and everything else. Like if someone forgives someone that hurt them, they would forget about it, and wouldn’t feel hurt anymore. Forgiveness brings peace to you and to others, you won’t hate the person, you might dislike them, but at least you will be at peace with yourself, the other person and your mind. It’s a good thing, no matter who tells you that you shouldn’t forgive the person.