James - owosso, Michigan

Wisdom Contributes to Failure

My name is James and I go to one of the top ten worst colleges in the country according to the New York Times. Big surprise I have a few problems with this college. I’m only going to talk about one problem with this facility. My problem is with the dean. I hate that some schools are businesses first.

My problem lies with the technician center dean. My problem with him is that he took over a class that he was not prepared for. He has also never taught a programming class. He took over this class because my teacher quite mid term. So the dean had no other choice then to teach this class. I have a few problems with this. The first problem is that he is not a programming teacher. My second problem is with assignments.

I went to class about two hours early to print up my flowchart homework. I had it done with about twenty minutes to spare, so I went to the food court and ate some pizza. When I came back someone was sitting at my computer. The person that was sitting at my computer restarted it. At this school when you restart the computer it will delete any new files. So my homework was deleted. My current instructor said it happens some times and get it to me next class period. Next week we had a new instructor, it was the dean. I turned in the assignment and had it returned to me two weeks later with no grade. When I asked the teacher about it he said “I’m not going to take anything from the last instructor.” So I had zeroes on my first two assignments.

The dean’s method of teaching for the first two weeks was just to read the chapter and do the homework. I did that, and then I had to get all four wisdom teeth pulled. When I get back, I turned in my assignments in and he would not take them. He said “you could of got the answers form someone else.” So I now have more zeros then I have grades. The next day before class I tried to drop the class. I could not get my money back for the class because it was almost over.

So due to a few misfortunate events I have to pay about what I make in three weeks to spend ten weeks taking over a class. The two problems I have had with this class should not have been an issue in the first place.