Stephanie - ontario, California

I believe in no such thing called racism. Racism is a topic everyone is talking about now, especially with that new law being passed. I think it’s a shame how people discriminate other people because of their color or their ethnicity. It doesn’t matter whether you are tall, short, fat, skinny, long-haired, or with short, light skinned or dark skinned, we are ALL PEOPLE!

Discrimination; probably the second biggest issue in the world. Everyone does it. Sometimes people discriminate other people to be funny, but it really isn’t. The other person really gets hurt, everyone has feelings. We see discrimination everywhere we go. Just a couple of weeks ago, while my mom and I were driving down the street, when we saw a Caucasian man holding up a sign that said, “why just not one day, why not the whole year.” The sign was referring to the immigrants who said they were boycotting for a day. So they could protest against the new law that the United States want to pass. The sign , really irritated me and I felt like throwing something at him because it bothered me, but I decided not to because then it would give him the reason to say that, not just immigrants but also Mexicans are a bad influence. So my mom and I let him be because everyone has the right of freedom of speech, right?

Many people agree with me, and say that racism is a bad thing, but there are others who disagree with me and they think it’s alright to discriminate others for who they are or what they wear and tell them things that are inappropriate and unnecessary. I believe that we are all people, and in no such thing as racism.