elizabeth - chino, California

I believe in helping homeless people. It doesn’t matter if you have a lot of money or a little as long as you give something to others just to help out.

It was not long ago that I went to Los Angeles to look for my dress for my fifteenth birthday party. I was just walking around looking for my dress, but I didn’t find one that I actually liked. After looking around I got tired and I just wanted to go home. As we were walking down the street I noticed that their was a lot of homeless people walking around asking for money. The sad thing was that they were wearing dirty clothes that were ripped and their hair was dirty and messy. People that were also shopping didn’t seem to care about them. It actually looked like if they were scared of them, like if they were criminals for being homeless.

As we were getting ready to go home a guy goes up to our car window and asks us if we have money that we can give him so he can eat. My aunt at that moment looks into her purse hoping to have some change to give to him, but she didn’t have any. I then felt really bad for raising the guys hopes up that he was going to get some money. So I reach for my brothers wallet and I hand the guy five dollars so he can at least eat something. Of course my brother was mad at me for getting his money and he kept saying that I had to pay him back. I just laughed and said okay because I felt so good helping that one guy.

After that one day I always carry money with me just in case someone comes up to me asking for money. It makes me feel good inside just to give to other people especially to those who really need it.