Samantha - chino, California

I believe that when the going gets tough, the tough get going. I know this is a pretty cliched saying, but I honestly belive it. The very first time i heard it, it kind of sounded like it ment that when things get hard, tough people leave, and that did not make any since. But as i grew older and learned some things, it started to make since. Growing up in a proverty stricken home, with parents who were on mind controlling substances was not an essey way to live, but I lived it. When things first begain to get rough, i really didnt do anything about, i let it affect me the way i thought it had to effect me, that i didnt have a choice in how my life went. but a few years ago i rlivezed that i dont have to sit around waitng for someone else to tell me what i shouldd be doing or how i should be doing it. i started to think for my slef and do everything i do and did for me and no one else. i do not want that to be taken as selfishes ness i just no that when its all said and done, i have to be number one to myself, and that helped me understand that when tough things begin to happen tough people get at going to make things better. that is what i belive.