Jeremy - Chino, California
Themes: integrity

I BELIEVE ESSAY

I believe that it’s better to talk about problems then to keep them down where nobody knows about them. About a year and a half ago, I met someone that I have really been able to connect with. If I have a personal problem, I know I can go to her to talk. I trust her with most my secrets. If you have ever had a person in your life like what is about to be talked about, you will be able to relate to the piece.

When I open up to this person, I feel the weight of stress being lifted off my shoulders. It makes me feel so much better to know, that now that I’ve talked about it, it’s not bothering me that much. Instead of having the problem kept to yourself and being depressed all the time. Not only will you be depressed, you will find yourself being down and unsociable. You will not be as talkative and will not be as friendly.

If you have a person like this, or end up finding one…make sure you are 100% honest. My experience has made me so much more honest then I used to be. Usually, when someone asked me what was wrong, I’d respond with, “nothing.” Now days, when someone asks me, I tell them what’s on my mind and what I’m thinking about Lying is one thing you should never do. Why? Because once you start opening up to someone, they are able to read you like a book and get the truth out of you. If they are able to get the truth out of you once, they will most likely be able to do it again

Maybe you do not have someone to talk to about these things yet. Find someone; a brother, friend, parent, anyone you can trust. Once you start, you feel a lot better and you will be happier. People do care about what you are thinking and what is wrong with you. You just need to find the strength within yourself to be able to tell them and be totally honest with them.