Derek - Ontario, California

I believe in helping helping others. Like, if they need my to help them or even to talk, they are still important to me. It started when my told me a story when I was little maybe about 3 years old. I was in a mall I day crying my head off, when my mom said, I’m going to leave if you don’t stop crying.” After my mom said that I was still crying my head off. So she then just leave there (she really didn’t leave me, she just hide behind a pillar) still crying. I then stopped and started to look around for her, but started to cry again. While people were walking by they didn’t stop to help me at all. Then my mom decide to come back and tried to stop me for crying any longer. Once my mom told me that story I said to myself that I should always try to help some that needs it. Then one day, this little boy was lost in a park. I walked over and asked the little boy if he needed any help. He said, “yes, I can’t find my mom or dad.” I then said, “I’ll help you find them with you.” When the little boy looked in to my eyes and said, ”thank you.” That was more life changing than that story my mom told me that one day. I still remember that one day that helped that little boy in the park. I also remember this one guy I see every now and then when I go to a 7 11 store a few blocks away from my house. The way that I help him is that when go there I buy the things that I went there for like a slurpee or some candy. The one thing that I always get when I’m there is about 2 hotdogs for that guy that lives right outside of the door of the store. With those 2 hotdogs that I buy give them to him and I know that he is truely thankful that I give them to him. The only thing that I give up was maybe few dollars to help someone that is in need. So I believe in helping people that need it and that people should not always be looking out for #1 and personal gain.