Dale - stanton, Michigan

I believe that things happen for a reason. Whether they are good or bad they happen to you so you can learn from them. Sometimes even bad thing happen to create great things. Like my friends story for example.

On November 12, 2004 me and my friend went to a couple of different parties and drank a little. He ended up getting a phone call from a girl he used to see and she wanted to hang out. So we went and picked her up and went back to the party. Later that night they stopped out by the lake where they ended up staying the night. Now I know what you guys are thinking “a guy and a girl in the back seat of a car after they have been drinking a little…” Well you are right I won’t tell you the details for this part of the story but know that the biggest mistake of this kids life was about to happen. Anyway about a month passed and these two would talk a couple of times a week or whatever, but this time when she called she was crying. She gave my friend news that she might be pregnant. I was with him when he got the phone call and I know what he was thinking. His whole outlook on life changed in that moment, the way he treats people changed especially the way he treats girls. It was weird sitting next to him the next week because he was talking to people he normally never talked to and he was saying things that I have never heard come out of his mouth before. But I was impressed because of the things he was saying, he was caring, something I have never saw from this guy before. He learned respect. It turned out after two months of being worried that she wasn’t pregnant. But from then on he says “I know what love is now and why they call sex making love. I am glad this has happened because it taught me one of the greatest lessons that I could ever learn on my own.” He then goes on to say “The funny thing about that whole deal was that I wasn’t worried about what my parents would say, or about how I was going to pay for the things this child needs. I was worried that I wanted to be there for this child and for the mother because of the way the mother and I get along that child wouldn’t have had a healthy lifestyle.”

The reason why I know what this guy was thinking the whole time was because this guy was me.