Heather - Battle Ground, Washington

This I believe…

I believe McDonalds epitomizes America. McDonalds started as a simple company with dreams for success just like all those individuals who fled to America in hopes of a new beginning. With perseverance and dealing with competition, McDonalds is the world’s corporate giant just like America rose up to become the leading nation in this world.

McDonalds is the restaurant everyone complains about yet the safe haven they seek when in dire need of good old-fashioned comfort food. America ironically, is the nation that receives most criticism but is always the first to lend a helping hand to those in need and provide shelter to the many refugees who need a place to call home. Funny how no matter how many people complain about America’s unhealthy ways of life and piggish instincts, we Americans proceed to donate time and money out of the goodness of our hearts because of our instincts for humanity. McDonalds deals with criticism and continues putting forth their best efforts to please the public and provide necessities for the betterment of life.

I believe that McDonalds is the true trademark for America. The golden arches will always shine bright just like America’s democracy will forever provide a beacon of optimism to all that are welcome. The self-evident truths that all men and woman deserve equality and freedom can no doubt bring a smile to anyone’s face, and America “loves to see you smile.”