Christina - Chino, California
Themes: carpe diem, death

This I Believe…

I believe that life is short and that we have so little time to do the things we want to do and the things we need to do. We should always tell the ones we love them and that we appreciate every little thing that they have done for us. This is because who knows when the next time we will be able to tell them again. I realized this since the same situation happened to me. I missed out on telling my aunt how much I love and appreciate everything she had done for me.

My aunt passed away a little over a year ago and I passed up my opportunity to tell her. She was so special to me because she would always help me, ever since I was little she would. I remember every time I would come over to her house she would always have a surprise for me, whether it was a little gift or a project that we can work on together. Whatever it was that she had for me that day, I would always enjoy them. It really hurts me knowing that I waited too long and now I can not tell her in person, but at least I can tell her in prayer. (In fact right now I want to thank her right now and tell her that I miss her so much.) Since this has happened I have been telling my parents, family, friends, and everyone that has helped and cared for me, that I truly am grateful. So I am asking you to remember to always tell the ones you love that you love them. You know right now if there is someone next to you who has cared, helped or has done anything for you, let them know how much you appreciate it! Like I said before, who knows when you will be able to tell them again?