Deziree - Ontario, California

I believe that one person can make a difference in your life. One person can dramatically change the outcome of who you will become later on in life. That one person can have a negative effect or positive. However, in my life someone made a positive difference which taught me responsibility, strive, and motivation. She taught me how to put my intelligence in affect and how to reach my fullest potential.

I had always been a great student. I did my calsswork diligently, my homework, and studied for tests. Yet, I didn’t know I was filled with that much intelligence when I entered junior high. I had pretty basic classes in the beginning semester and I was academically excelling in every area. That’s when my English teacher, Mrs. Harrison, happened to come across my progress report, and noticed just how well I was doing. She recommended me for honor classes; that have made me the person that I stand before you here today. Without her pushing me into the right direction, I probably wouldn’t have the knowledge I now have. Mrs. Harrison gave me the stepping stone to become a greater student than I already was. That one little push and her interest in me has continued to motivate me to this day. She made me realize that I could change my life and excel more greatly then I could ever imagine.

Whether it’s a teacher, principal, or parent, one person can effect you. They can motivate you to excel and make a difference in the world. I believe that one person can make a difference in your life. I believe that the way they have faith and believe in you can cause you to be motivated, and accomplish so much. Mrs. Harrison’s kind gesture has driven me to stay in honor classes and strive for the best in my education everyday of my life. I realized I had someone who was rooting for me to chase my dreams, and I knew even if I failed someone would be there to help me up. People need each other. So who will you motivate and believe in? Your actions can speak louder than words. I hope that you will take the time to lend a hand to someone who’s in need, just like Mrs. Harrison helped me.