Nikki - slinger, Wisconsin
Themes: death, family, love

“Our father, who art in Heaven..” Is what I began praying. My grandpa was in the hospital because he had had a heartattack.

He had one before but it was not as bad as this one he was having right then and there. I was very scared for him. I then realized that we still

had many things that we had to do with each other. All the memories we shared. The next day I was supposed to go by his house and spend the

entire day there, which was my favorite thing ever. He was my best friend and he always still will be. At that time I was only 10 and still had my

entire life to live. Even though we prayed for him, that was not enough. He died that night and me and my entire family were very sad. I have

lost many people in my life since then and before then and learned many things.

I felt that after my grandpa died, I never got to do many things with him. I still remember the name he always called me, Charlie.

Still to this day I don’t know why he called me that. I knew there must have been a certain reason, but I don’t remember. Hearing the name

Charlie always brings back my grandpa and that is something that no one can take away. He was my best friend and I am just thankful that I

can remember him and the many memories we used to have.

Driving in his green little car to the Pick’n Save. Pushing the squeeky cart around the store, and picking up anything that I wanted. I

loved spending time with my grandpa and I wouldn’t trade that time of my life for anything. The house that he had lived in was the same house

that my dad and uncles and aunt had lived in. They always told me many memories and I can remember them as if they were my own. One special

memory that will always be with me forever no matter how small it was is that in his fridge, he would always have a box of candy for me. That little

small thing that he always did, showd me how much he cared and loved me.

I believe that you should love your family while you still have them. We all have lost someone that we loved dearly in our lifetime and

know how it feels. Life is short and we must spend it as wisely as we can with the people who will always be there for us. Know that any small

memory that happens can and will make the biggest difference. Even after that person is gone, you will still be able to remember how much you loved

them, because you decided to spend the most time with that person while you still had them. Everyone is not going to live forever, so you must think

of that when you say something to your family members because there might not be another chance. Don’t waste your life taking in all the bad times, but

create and make new ones.

This I believe.