Brent - Chino, California
Themes: addiction

This I believe essay

I believe that you can go from bad to good, toxic to pure, and from drug attic to drug free. I do somewhat disrespect people that are alcoholics and also drug attics. I truly disrespect people that complain so much about what their doing to themselves, yet they won’t try and help themselves. I know that it can be hard for people to quit, but it can also be very simple. I know I shouldn’t say I disrespect people without knowing them but I still do, because I believe you can get cleaned up and I also very much believe that you should get cleaned up. People have stressful jobs, I know that, but that doesn’t mean they should start smoking to relax or drink it all away. That’s why in a way I look up to my parents, they both have stressful jobs and neither of them smoke or drink. I also know and understand that some people are just weak and need something and also that some people do it for the taste, well then what if people like the taste of marijuana, acid, cocaine, and heroine, shouldn’t it be legal? I don’t think any of it should be legal but if they make one substance legal then every other drug should be, it’s only fair. I strongly believe we should all be drug free and alcohol free. Smoking kills you and people around you. Drinking leads to rape, I mean come on if something can lead to rape, it should not be legal. Were supposed to be such a strong country but in my eyes we are weak. The only reason we’re strong is because the U.S.A. is huge. Some of my friends drink and smoke, one lost his license and the other crashed his truck. I also know some girls that have been taken advantage of from drinking and not being able to handle themselves, its not something that you want to see or hear about so why is alcohol legal? I don’t drink nor smoke, I’ve fallen into peer pressure before. I’ve also said no to marijuana and alcohol. I believe we can all be pure, even if we were once toxic.