dave - milwaukee, Wisconsin

There is a war going on? I work with homeless individuals on the streets of Milwaukee. And it appears that there is war going in the parts of city that gets very little coverage. Its a war that has many sides but its not acknowledged.

Individuals die, in the parks, the streets, the drug houses, in their homes and the sidewalks. Guns, cars, knives, hands and fists are all used. It makes the local news at 4, 6 and 10 pm almost daily but it is soon forgotten. There are more cops on the streets doing overtime and backup. I can show you the murder sites I see them daily but I can’t recall the names since the list is getting to long to remember. It’s men, women and children all in the same lot killed over pocket change, shoes or unkind word from across the street. Yes, there is a war of poor on poor left to their ends. I saw the ten year old beating the homeless man. He was kicking him, hitting him and no mercy was in that child’s heart or mind. Where are the troops to restore and infrastructure of the city. Are Americans not worth of that investment? Must I continue to watch the murder sights increase daily. Is that not a war? Yet no troops, no ground forces, no coalitions of the willing! Come with me I will show you the places that they died one by one…do you not hear the crying, do you not hear the crying! Where do I go to tell and show them the pain that is occuring? The mayor’s office, the police chief, the fire department and who will believe me since no one seems concerning that killing on the streets is just an isolated incident. I don’t think Americans realize that this street war is far more pandemic to nation as a country, as states, as neighborhoods and as individuals. Stop the violence….