Holly - Slinger, Wisconsin
Themes: work

“Live your life fully and brightly,” are the words that hunt me to this day. They are the great words of wisdom that my parents always told me, but then one evening I came home from school. I heard my parents in the kitchen talking. They were talking and arguing about my grades. I started to slip down in them. I didn’t understand some of the things that we were discussing in class. I didn’t bother to ask anyone for help, and I didn’t really care. As I listened to their conversation I realized I must not give up on the wonderful education that I’m getting. I didn’t want to miss out on getting to college, and getting a good job. I didn’t want to worry my parents on not passing school. I also didn’t want to face getting held back. As I sat on the stairs gazing into what might happen to me in the future. I realized I must not give up. I need to get my grades back on track.

Now that I don’t give up I get good grades. I’ve had sometimes were there was a obstacle blocking my way, but instead of giving up I worked hard, and found a way to get around the obstacle. It wasn’t hard I just had to believe in myself. I plan to not give up when it comes to a difficult situation in the future. Many kids sometimes, even my friends end up just giving up. They just don’t care what happens. I hate to see people fail especially my friends. So I try to help them with their problems. I tell them that I believe in not giving up, and working hard to achieve the things I plan to achieve. It takes a lot to try not to give up. I now try my hardest to get good grades, and when an obstacle is blocking me from achieving my goals I try my hardest to work around it instead. I also think positive about what I’m doing, so I can have courage to work on it harder. I believe that people should not give up, and to work hard to get things done. Even if it’s very hard to get around the obstacle. If people also think positive on what their doing they might have the confidence to finish what they’re working on. I think that if people don’t care, or just give up, and don’t think positive about their selves they won’t get very far in their life. Most parents get upset, and mad sort of like my parents did. They hate to see us fail. They want us to get educated. They want us to try to solve our own problems, and they don’t want us to give up. They want us to work hard, and live life to its expectations.

I believe in not giving up, and working hard to reach our goals that we plan to reach. By facing things that are unexpected will build up our confidence. People need to work harder, and to not give up so easily. They will not go so far, because they don’t work hard. Many of our parents don’t want to watch us fail, so they try to their best to help them out with their problems. They also want to watch us live a good life, and to not follow their path of troubles. They also don’t want use to give up so easily, and to not care what we do, because they care about us and they don’t want us to become dropouts. They and I want to live a good life if you try hard enough you’ll reach that goal in life.