Breeanna - Cottage Grove, Oregon

I believe in the power of music. It soothes your soul and you can express your feelings. If you’re feeling peaceful, you could play a sonata. If you’re angry, you could play a march tune. When I am mad, I try to play peaceful, easy flowing music to sooth me and calm me down, so I don’t get more angry. When I am happy I play whatever, maybe a sweet sonata by Mozart, or a song that is in a minor key.

I started playing the piano when I was very young, probably about 5 years old. I basically taught myself to play. My older brother taught me some stuff, my mom did too. They didn’t know too much about it though, so I learned myself.

When I get mad at my sister, or something else, I go and play my piano. My sister and I fight a lot. So I go to my piano, take a deep breath and start playing. I’m sometimes surprised at what comes out of me when I am angry.

This is important so I don’t let my anger out on someone that I love or care about. It is also important because I can express how I feel without actually saying anything at all.

Music has got me to thinking about my future, how does it help me? I could be a famous composer/musician someday. It helps me in my extracurricular studies also.

I have many other things to cherish in my life, but I truly do cherish music.

I believe in the power of music. Sometimes it is the only thing that people have in their life.