Ashley - Cottage Grove, Oregon

I believe in the importance of laughter. I believe that a good laugh can keep our minds off the worries and troubles of the world. I think it’s good for you to laugh, so that everybody can feel happy and at ease.

I grew up with a family who laughed a lot. Most of the time we watch Comedy Central on T.V. Eventually all of their happiness rubbed off on me. I remember when I was a little I was once told that the sound of my laugh made someone happy. If one person could make two or three people happy then they could laugh as well, then they would just pass on the laugh.

I believe laughter is a good thing. I also believe that some of the best things in the world are the same in every language, in anyplace, just as laughter is the same no matter where you go. Or that a smile is the same no matter what language you speak. I believe that is because those things make people happy.

Each laugh is unique and different for every person. And the same goes for a smile. That is why I also think that comedians have one of the best jobs in the world: to make people happy by using laughter. I would love to have that kind of job, but I’m not very good at making up jokes. When I watch these people doing their jobs, I memorized the funniest jokes I heard. Then when I next see my friends I retell the joke to them. And it gives them a good laugh as well.

Sharing laughter is just another way to share your happiness with one another. If everyone wasn’t so caught up in their day to day lives, they would take a break and make someone happy too. Have you heard any good jokes lately? If so, what are you waiting for?! Go tell them to someone else and make them happy!

If you want some real laughs then I suggest you watch the Blue Collar Comedy Tour Rides Again. That movie gave me plenty of laughs and those laughs put me in a much better mood.

If you don’t get at least 10 laughs a day then I think that would be a little low. There are many things around that can you if you just stop to watch, like your kids, pets, friends, and family. So be happy, laugh once and a while.