Elizabeth - 91710, California
Themes: prejudice

This i believe,

I believe you should not judge, not just on “Don’t judge a book by its cover,” but to just not pick at and judge at all. For one thing, it is absolutely not right to judge or label people you have no idea about and have never met once. Not judging people is the right thing to do there is no wrong in it. The definition of judging is: somebody who has an ability to assess quality or give an informed opinion in a particular area of knowledge or experience. The whole deal does not seem right at all. You should not judge what you think and what you want when you think you know exactly what is up and you do not even know what’s up.

I have gone through friends like underwear because of the way they judge. They have been there for me one day and the next have disappeared because they judged me by what I did or what I did not do, for them, or for me. I have never met some of the people who talk all the shit they want and then met them got to know them and became pals with them because they got to know me for me not what they heard and judged/labeled me as. Here is one example of this, I knew a girl who did not know me except for, “the girl that has someone she wants and goes out and has fun.” I met her she was rude to me because she thought I was just some kind of dumb party animal who is trashed my whole life when none of it is fact. She just heard stuff about me and judged. So I met the girl and we are completely friends and perfectly fine with each other now.

Two of the people I have the biggest problems with judging right now is with my parents. You should all know how that goes when parents meet a friend that they do not like because of one action that they heard about or something stupid. All kids have problems with that because their parents do not know the friend like we do. They sure as hell think they know everything though because they have “lived through it already,” right? They call parents who are divorced a broken home or a broken family. To them that is just “calling it what it is.” That is nothing but fake and not the truth and a total judgment on what they think not what they know, and to me I think all this needs to come to a big end.

People label people on problems all day everyday even though they have not got a clue on the person they are. This is what I believe. That you can only put a label on something bought in a store, and judge nothing.