Samantha - Newtown, Pennsylvania
Themes: love

One day, when I was in fifth grade, while walking through the halls of Goodnoe Elementary School, I saw an adorable young boy walking towards the sixth grade hallway. Our eyes met for a moment, and I smiled, and instantly, I was infatuated with him. I’m talking big-time, school-girl crush. For some reason, I felt drawn to him, but I didn’t know why. There were plenty of cute boys in my class, what made this stranger stand out?

I would have to wait six years before I found out. During the summer of 2005, I met the cute little boy from Goodnoe, now grown up into a handsome young man, and conveniently the newest member of my school’s marching band. We were introduced early on during band camp, I finally learned his name (David), and we became friends instantly. Within three days of meeting, we were finishing each others sentences. A little less than a month later, he asked me to be his girlfriend, and we’ve now been dating for nearly nine months, and I’ve never been happier.

Deepak Chopra once explained the connection between love and fate saying “The path to love isn’t a choice, for all of us must find out who we are. This is our spiritual destiny. The path can be postponed; you can lose faith in it or even despair that love exists. None of that is permanent; only the path is.” We truly have no control over with whom we fall in love, nor where or when. Everyone has a predestined “soul mate”, and fate, through nature or a Divine being, determine the path of love, leading some to their other half without heartache. Others comes to true love through the heart-breaking process of trial and error.

My relationship with David since its origin in fifth grade has taught me that everything happens for a reason. There are no accidents; there are no choices.

I believe in fate, the ultimate crossing of two paths the leads to the perfectly orchestrated merging of two miniature universe.