Chelsea - Chino, California

My friends are a reflection of who I am. My friends like me because of my personality. I will not act differently to impress someone. I have seen some of my friends act differently to impress someone and it turned out bad. I believe that if I stay true to my personality, I will make lasting friendships and will be a better person.

First of all, my friends like me for who I am. If I stay true to my personality, my friends will like me for who I am and the goals I want to achieve in the future. They will not try to change me and make me something I am not. My friends do not pressure me into doing things that I do not want to do because we respect each other. That is one reason why staying true to myself will result in better friends.

Second, I have seen my friends try to be someone they are not. They acted differently to impress a boy or someone they thought was cool. Some of my friends try to impress people for all the wrong reasons. They ended up doing something that they did not want to do just to please someone else. If they had stayed true to themselves, they would not have compromised their values. I would never give in to someone else unless I agreed with them. Giving in is like giving up on yourself.

Lastly, true friends will help me to be a better person. My friends are important influences on me. They support my goals and help me make the right choices. I will never have to do something that is illegal or wrong because of peer pressure. Those are the reasons why choosing the right friends will make me a better person.

In conclusion, I will always stay true to my personality and who I am. I am not afraid to show the serious or dorky sides of my personality because I have great friends who accept me for who I am. I believe I am a better person today because of my friends. I am a good influence on my friends and will never put negative pressure on them. I believe in staying true to myself, my personality, and my beliefs.