Joseph - Ontario, California

I believe that kids should be able to be free and go outside and play, so they can

get active. Now a day, kids are locked inside homes or just hang out on the computer

or even sit in front of the TV all day! They could be inside because of studying, on the

computer for myspace, or other websites, or watching TV and playing videogames till

your eyes go blind. This is causing our society to be lazy, tired, and grumpy.

Before, my mom said not to play outside because I had to study, or else I’ll fail

and end up on the streets. So I just stayed indoors with my sisters. Then, when I went to

take a break, I would just sit on the couch and watch TV. This would usually happen for

awhile but finally my mom suggested that I go and get outside because I was getting too

cooped up in the house. But being in the house for awhile makes me lazy and I don’t

want to get outside for some fresh air, even though I want to deep down inside. People

should get out more because it is good for them, it could do a lot to your attitude and the

way you act and, for kids, it is for their childhood, so they could have a great one while

they’re still young. So those years of childhood won’t be a waste. Because soon, they’ll

grow up, go to college, work, get married, and won’t have much time for being outside.

They might work in an office. People might not go outside so often.

But what I want to say is that I believe people should go outside, for at least 30

minutes, breathe some fresh air, not some city smog, and go do something. You could try

gardening, jogging, swimming, other sports, or spend time with friends at a park.

Although I don’t go outside so much like before, because being a little older, you get more homework, I try to look for a chance to go outside, get some fresh air, get active, or to remember my surroundings. This is what I believe.