Abigail - Chino, California

Friends

I believe that everyone should have a friend to hang out with. Someone to talk to, tell them what’s been going on in your life. I know there are times that people want to scream, to let all out their feeling out, and if you have someone you can trust and can always talk to, it helps. I know how it feels not to have a friends to help you.

I didn’t use to really have friends, the people I hung out with treated me bad. My mom would always tell me I would get new a better friends when I get older. Well, she was right I have several friends and I know a lot of people. The friends I have now, respect me and enjoy hanging out with me and it’s great. Now, I’ve hurt my cousin, and she doesn’t have any real friends except for me and I treated her horribly.

I have let her down greatly and it’s not fair to her. She has always been there for me when I really needed her. Now I need to return the favor for her, I know she needs a good friend and I let her down. It started a few months ago when my dad asked if I should have said no, because I was not happy. I ended up telling her that I didn’t want to stay at her house and that I would rather be at home sleeping. Everyone got extremely mad at me. At first I didn’t care that hurt her feelings, but then that feeling caught up to me. When I apologized to her I don’t feel it was very sincere, but it’s hard to say sorry to your family members.

I believe that everyone should be a friend to someone that has none. I wasn’t and now I think things will a lot different between us. I feel that things are going to be screwed up. So next time I see her I will be very nice and respect her more even if I’m in a bad mood. I’ve always been short tempered with her and now I realize that I was completely wrong.

In conclusion, I feel awful and I’m going to be very nice to her and give her hugs since I don’t and she deserves them. I think the reason why I might have treated her this way is because she would aggravate me so but that ok because I love her. I’ve always believed that it’s wrong not to be a friend, since I didn’t have friends. Now I’m going to be a friend to anyone I see who doesn’t have one starting with being a better friend to my cousin.