Deshon - fontana, California
Themes: family, love

~*Its That Simple*~

I believe that just hearing from my family helps me everyday. My sixty-year old grandpa has colon cancer. He has had one major surgery and is in the process of having another one. My grandpa call me every morning to wake me up for school. Without this call I dont think I would even have the strength to wake up.

This call helps wake me up because it seems as if a strong power has touched me. I believe that my grandpa is like a mascot for my family. When ever I hear my family metioned I see my grandpa standing tall. He has all the qualities an average family would have all together, he’s strong, very humerous, faithful, and a great role model. When I get this phone call I feel like there’s a reason why he makes this call. I always wonder why but I assume that he wants me to be something. Ever since I realized how strong my grandpa is I use his power to fuel me threw my everyday life. I also believe that my grandma plays a big role in this call too.

Everyday I feel that i’m living to make something out of myself. I know that if I grow up to be nothing my grandpa would be more disappointed at me than anyone. I’ve noticed that as I get older days in life get harder. So as I age these phone calls get more and more important to me. So I believe that every person should just pick the phone up sometimes and give a relative a call. People should understand that a simple phone call could brighten someones day a whole lot. People buying someone a new car is nice but just calling and telling someone how much you love and respect them could make their life a lot better.