Eneida - Vista, California
Themes: family, love

I believe in family, but not just the biological family God has granted me, but also in the extended family I have created over the years.

Family will always be there for me, I have been told ever since I was a child, but as I grow and realize that life is too short, I see that they will not be there forever. The cycle of life makes their absence of one day inevitable. Often times I have taken them for granted by not thanking them, by not saying I love you to them, and I realize my mistakes. I look upon the fact that one day I will be without them with sadness, disappointment, and fear, but not with regret. I have spent amazing times with my family. I have created memories that will last me a lifetime and will continue to add to those memories. I know my life is changing but their importance to me will never change.

I have known several people for over ten years now and it is those people who are my extended family. Who can I turn to when my biological family is not around is an easy question. My friends. I remember the first day of school, I was so excited, so anxious, so ready to learn, and now I am on the brink of graduation. How fast time passes. I look around to see my friends. Physically, they have changed, but their personalities remain the same. I see the maturity they all have developed and I understand. I see the inevitable change-the necessary change that life requires from us and I take a deep breath. I, like Holden, am scared of what the future will bring. I look to forward with anxiety and impatience only hoping that I will be able to survive the change, but then I remember my amazing family, the family that will never let me down and that I can always count on. I remember each and every one of the people in my life, and I know that I will be okay.

Family to me is everything and although perhaps one day they will not be with me any longer, I know that they will continue with me in spirit. Until then and even after, I will treasure my family and thank them for being a part of my life, for believing in me.