Holly - Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Themes: love

I believe there is someone for everyone. No matter your age, body type, personality, or beliefs, everyone is meant for someone.

I have had many past experiences with relationships. The majority of them obviously didn’t work out so great. There are some old flames who I am actually on speaking terms with, and some are good friends; while others I do not wish to be in contact with. Yes, being hurt is something no one wants to go through, but it can teach very valuable lessons. About you, about mistakes you’ve made, and about how you can change.

I believe that everyone has bad days, and that sometimes the only thing that can cheer us up is that certain someone. There are so many people who devote all of their time to finding someone and falling in love. My advice to these people would be that would be that you should not waste away the years by putting yourself on the line just to get lucky in love. Let love find you. Just wait; your time will come. Although this is easier said than done, it will make you happier in the long run.

When you look at all of the diet pill companies, and movies, ads, songs; the entire media, that represents the fact that men typically go for girls who are perfectly beautiful; not a flaw about them. And that girls only go for guys with fame, money, power, security, and big muscles. This, really, is just sad. Sometimes I almost feel sorry for the people who actually get paid to do that kind of stuff. Because at the end of the day, they’re the ones who are truly unhappy.

I believe that no matter who you are or what you look like, you can be happy with someone. Everyone is able to fall in love; it’s just a matter of whether you want it bad enough or not. I’m not, however, saying that you need a boyfriend or girlfriend to make you happy, because you don’t. What I’m trying to point out is that sometimes the day seems a little less harsh if there’s someone you love that you can turn to to talk to about things or just cuddle with, doesn’t it? And sometimes it doesn’t feel quite so lonely when you’re being held in the arms of the one you love, does it?

So if you ever have a bad breakup or experience with a relationship and you feel like all hope is lost just remember: there is someone meant for everyone. That just wasn’t your time.